I’ve been unusually silent the last couple of weeks, mainly because i’ve struggled to read pretty much anything. I’ve started half a dozen books, and only finished one audiobook (The Truth, by Terry Pratchett, which I’d feel odd reviewing considering. you know. It’s been published for years and years.
On the why side, there’s not really a reason, I was not really busier than usual, I’ve just been dropping things on account of how tiring the first 5 months of this year (and the whole of last year) have been. And we can go out again, which means I do, sometimes, plan to do stuff other than reading during the weekends. And then my health hasn’t been the best, sometimes the chronic pain is not just “can’t hold a paper book” but “can’t focus on an audio because pain” so I’m learning to deal with that and cut myself some slack
But! I’ve got the next week off work, and while I’ve got Plans, I also want to make the most of this weekend where I’ve nothing to do. So I decided to do a readathon, 5pm today (Friday) to 5pm Monday. You can also join in this storygraph challenge if you’re tempted to do the same.
I’ve a few ebooks lined up (2 ARCs, manly) but this is mostly it:
- finish Stormsong audiobook (5 hours left give or take)
- Jasmine Throne ARC (70% in!)
- Best SFF of 2018 (I’m 1/3rd through?)
- A Desolation Called Peace (barely started)
- Pyramids (read or DNF, I’ll decide once I get started)
Then the “I’m not likely to get here but I’ll try” ones:
- HEartbreak Inc, another ARC I’m really excited about
- Either The Galaxy and the Ground Within, by Becky Chambers, or Ancestral Night, by Elizabeth Bear, as the mood strikes me
I’ll be talking about this on Twitter, and hopefully updating you here on Monday night!